How do I scan a QR code or barcode?
First make sure you are in "Code Scanner" mode (tap dropdown menu at the top of the camera view. Next point the back camera at a QR code or barcode and wait for the camera to automatically scan it. If you are having difficulties try:
- Tapping the screen to focus.
- Moving the device back and forth at different distances from the QR code or barcode.
- Make sure you are in better lighting.
- Note some codes may be damaged or printed incorrectly so they will not scan.
- Note some codes may be too small or too large for the iPhone camera to detect.
- Note iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch users - some codes may not scan because of the low quality of your camera.
How do I scan words?
Select "Word Scanner" mode from the dropdown menu at top of the camera view. Select the language you are trying to scan by tapping the flag icon in the top right corner. Finally draw over a word with your finger. If you are having difficulties try:
- Tapping the screen to focus.
- Make sure you hold the device steady
- Make sure the photo is not blurry
- Note some fonts or small text may not scan correctly
- Note iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch users - due to the low quality of your camera scanning words will not work well on small fonts.
How do I scan and create PDF files?
Select "PDF Scanner" mode from the dropdown menu at the top of the camera view. Next tap the camera button at the bottom of the app to take a photo. Once you have finished taking photos tap the Finish button in the top right corner. A new page should appear with your PDF file. To preview, share, upload the PDF file tap the "more action" button in the bottom left corner of the page.
How do I use Scan & Share?
"Scan & Share" allows you to quickly share contacts, files, photos, App Store links and iTunes song links. Pick the item you would like to share and a QR code should appear. Ask a friend to scan it to receive the item you would like to share.
When I scan a barcode I just see numbers only (no product name)
There are a huge number of UPC and EAN barcodes around the world. Unfortuantely we do not have every product in the world in our database. Not all companies provide information on their product barcodes. We are constantly adding new barcodes every day. You can manually enter the product name in the app to receive prices by tapping the "Unkown Product" button.
I do not see any prices when I scan a product barcode
Not all online or local stores give access to their product databases. We are constantly adding new stores to improve the price comparison feature of our app. If you would like a specific store please contact us directly and we will try our best to integrate them in a future update.
When I scan a QR code it show a trial or expiration message
QR Reader is 100% free. We do not have a trial version and the app does not expire. The message you are seeing in the app is from the QR code you have scanned not our app. Scan another QR code and the app should load it fine.
How do I scan a QR code or barcode from my Photos app?
Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the camera view and select "Scan from Photos"